Monday, October 5, 2009

Terrain 2009

Terrain, the juried art show I was in, was on Friday night. It was super fun, and ended up having a great turnout of over 3000 people! There were all different kinds of art displayed -- everything from photography to paintings to a display of collected litter from Spokane... the latter of which made me wonder, "Am I just immature or is this kinda weird?!" :) But I guess that's the beauty of art!

Sara Hornor, a very close family friend who my sister and I grew up with, was one of the organizers of Terrain. My mom took a picture of Sara, my sister, and I in front of a couple of my photos.

It was so cool to see my own photography up on a wall at an art show next to other artists! Surreal, actually. And just so you know, it's still weird to call myself an "artist." I can't help but laugh every time I say it! Not sure why...

What was even more weird was seeing my name and contact information up on the wall next to my pieces. It's strange having been an athlete all my life and never thinking twice or really caring that my name was printed in a program or wherever, but for whatever reason this felt so different.

Okay, so I figured I would post my four pictures that were selected and displayed at Terrain so those of you who couldn't come can see them. :) To give you an idea, the actual prints are about 13"x20", so with the matte and frame each piece is roughly about 18"x25" in size. Again, you can click on the pictures to see them larger if you want.

Name of Piece: Portobello Market

Name of Piece: London Rush Hour

Name of Piece: De Café a Paris

Name of Piece: Le Gondole in Venezia

It was optional whether or not we wanted to price our work to sell at Terrain, so I figured I might as well. I priced each piece at $150 (which, quite honestly, was basically what the printing and framing cost me for each one... yikes, I know.) Anyway, at this point I have sold one for sure, the "Le Gondole in Venezia" piece, and just have to wait and see if anyone contacts me on the others!

If anyone is interested in buying some artwork for their home or you know of anyone who is, please send them my way. :) My hope down the road once I get my business going is to sell prints and framed pieces like these ones in addition to just doing portraits.

So... does anyone have a favorite?! I'm always curious.

Last, but definitely not least, THANK YOU so much to those of you who were able to make it to Terrain. It really meant so much to me!


P.S. I promise I will post the name of my business soon. I am not holding out on everyone, I am just waiting until my logo is ready. :)

3 comments:

Mandy Bossard said...

I have been waiting for your update all day! So glad to hear that the show went well. So proud of you Whit!

p.s. London Rush Hour is my fave ;0)

JeffandKatyRiddell said...

So cool Whit!!! Sorry I couldn't be there...but love hearing and seeing updates on your business.

Pat and Patty said...

Hey - glad you liked the photo I took :) I did - My fav WAS the boats but on the wall I loved rush hour believe it or not- each setting I like something different and that's why it's art :)
Love you and Great Job - very proud!!!
Mom

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...