Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Lists

I have always been a list person. To-do lists, grocery lists, what to pack lists... you name it, I have probably made a list for it. It's a little sickening actually.

Well, I am shooting a wedding this weekend in Seattle and it is my first one where I'm actually the lead photographer. SO EXCITING, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't a little nervous. So... you can only imagine the lists currently in process! In fact, I have a list of the lists I need to make. Not kidding. :)

I was talking to Jordan on Facebook chat earlier today, and when he asked what I was doing I told him I was making lists. His response, jokingly:

"You should make a list of all the things you love about me."

My initial thought was, I don't have time for that, but I actually do. And I almost opted out since I did something like this last year -- remember this post? Well, partly to take my mind off the things I need to do and partly to respond to his sarcastic challenge, here is a list of SOME of the things I love about my husband... with a few Facebook pictures added in!


1. The man goes all out when he puts his mind to it. For Valentine's Day he said he wanted to cook me dinner, so I got home to prosciutto-wrapped cantaloupe and my favorite wine to start, then he cooked lobster and steak with sides of mashed potatoes and asparagus for dinner... AND a chocolate cake for dessert. AMAZING and so thoughtful.

2. He is a goof ball. In a good way. I love how he can persuade me to lighten up by just being himself and adding humor to everything.

3. He loves me no matter how ugly I look... well, in most cases. ;)

4. He is so great with our two dogs! And he hasn't let me get discouraged with Max or drop kick him out the door... er, I mean... give up on him. ;) Jordan has said multiple times, "Maybe God gave us Max so we could both work on being patient." Seriously, who says that?! My husband. :) And as a side note, that little dog ADORES Jordan.

5. He is willing to try just about anything, which I LOVE! When I first met Jordan, I think I would have said almost the opposite, but in the last few years he has totally expanded his horizons with everything from food to fashion to, well, skydiving and water-skiing. :)


6. Even if he's on a health kick at the time, he still enjoys the finer things in life. I know it sounds dumb, but I don't think I could be married to someone who was a health freak 100% of the time. I love that Jord will randomly suggest going to Dairy Queen or ordering a pizza every now and then.

7. He does all the chores I HATE. And I probably don't say thank you enough. These chores include (but are not limited to): picking up the dog poop in the yard, filling up the hot tub when it gets low on water, anything to do with snow...

8. The man is sexy. Truly. Body, mind, and soul. I have met very few people who look just as good in basketball shorts and a t-shirt as they do in a suit and tie. Jordan is one of those people.

9. I love how thoughtful and supportive Jordan is in my life. Whether it's a random text throughout my work day or going with me to model for photography when I want to experiment, he has been so helpful in all aspects of my life. The older I get, the more I realize how much I truly need this and sincerely appreciate it.

10. I love how Jordan has remained the care-free, happy guy he was when we were dating, but how we've also grown together in the last three years of our marriage into a deeper love and friendship. Cheesy? A little. But so true. I love that I can sincerely call my husband my best friend. By the way, this picture was taken the first summer we were dating in college... :)

With that said...

I am now going to return to making my numerous other lists for the weekend. :) It is a big weekend for both of us -- I am shooting the wedding in Seattle, and Jordan is driving over with me and then flying out on Saturday morning for the WCC Basketball Tournament in Las Vegas! I was originally supposed to go with him but the wedding fell on the exact same weekend. Such is life...

5 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

....sigh...true love

Nicole said...

I love, love, LOVE lists! I also know someone that drop kicks animals, so I wouldn't hold it against you :) good luck at the wedding this weekend!!

mmsnyder said...

Here is my list:
1. I love you!
2. I love Jordan!
3. You are going to do AWESOME and take amazing pictures! SO SO SO excited that I get to be a part of it!!
4. You should fly to Vegas post wedding and meet Jordan. We can drive your car back to Spokane. :)
5. Im being 100% serious about about #4.

McMurrays said...

ummmmm LOOOOOOOOOOVE LISTS!
Jordan is a stud and he got a great catch also!
The last picture at the lake is so sweet. . .it is so fun to look back on dating pics.
Love you. . good luck this weekend . . .you always step up to the plate! Can't wait to see the pics!

Emilie said...

I consider myself a list-a-holic. Thank you for sahring your passion for lists! And, this list is so sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...