Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Amy + Rico

A couple weeks ago, I had the opportunity to do my first ever 'mom and dog' shoot. :) My friend, Amy Newton, wanted some photos done for Christmas of her and her dog, Rico. Amy is a year younger than me and we played volleyball together at Whitworth. Amy is an AMAZING artist; she had artwork displayed right next to mine at Terrain, the art show I did in October... only, she is a REAL artist. :)

I love Amy because she is one of the most eclectic people I know -- she triple-majored in art, Spanish, and pre-med (and now she's getting her Masters in Business before she goes to med school), she has traveled all over the world, she has more shoes than anyone I know, she loves food as much as I do, and she spoils her dog rotten, which I think is awesome. :) I was so excited to do pictures for Amy because I knew she'd be down for anything, so we got to go to a couple of locations I've really wanted to try out for pictures and she ROCKED IT! We had such a blast!! Here are a few of my faves from the shoot with Amy and Rico...








I have to say, I'm not a big fan of black and white pictures where only certain parts of the picture are left in color, but I thought this one below was artsy and unique so I went for it!




Did I mention it was FREEZING outside?! And did you notice Amy was wearing a dress? She didn't complain once (I'm pretty sure I was the one complaining and I was all bundled up.) Thanks, Amy, for being such a rock star! And thanks to Rico too. :)

Any favorites???

3 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

luv,luv,luv the one #5 and the one of the dog with the punk hair! YOU ROCK and so do they!
Mom

mmsnyder said...

I love the one of the dog on the green chair and the black and white one of the 2 of them! So fun!

Amy Newton said...

Whit - I had so much fun! The pics are awesome! I have no doubt you will be 'owning' the industry before you know it! Thnx again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...