Friday, December 11, 2009

Hornor Babies

I've always been lucky enough to have a second family, the Hornors. The Hornor family is connected with my family in so many ways -- I grew up with Bekah Hornor, one of my best friends in the world. Bekah and I went to pre-school through college together, played volleyball together through college, lived together for two years, and she was a bridesmaid in my wedding. She is seriously a sister to me! And her older sister, Sara, grew up with my sister, Lindsay, and they are still great friends. Susan (the Hornor mama) taught and still teaches at the elementary school I went to, and she was like my second mom through the years and years of volleyball. Rick (the Hornor papa) is a professor at Whitworth, and he was the leader of the London trip I went on for Jan-term my sophomore year of college. This family means the world to me!

Oh, and did I mention there are nine people total in the Hornor family?! :)

Susan and Rick asked me a couple months ago to take some photos of their new grandchildren over Thanksgiving at their downtown loft. They have three new grandbabies! Rachel, the oldest daughter who lives in San Diego, had fraternal twin boys in the spring, Noah and Jesse. Neil, one of the three Hornor sons, and his wife had a baby girl a few months ago named Nadia.

All of these babies are ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL... see for yourself! The pictures were a little challenging since they were all inside, but I love how intimate they turned out because they were done at the Hornors' home. Here are some of my favorites of the Hornor babies, starting with Noah. Look at those amazing blue eyes!



The picture below absolutely kills me -- it is SUCH a Hornor look, I can't even handle it!! :)



Here are some of my faves of Jesse, who looks so much like his Dad...






I love twins!!!


Mama Rachel and Jesse... so sweet!

Papa David and Jesse...

The Barach Family...


Now for sweet Nadia... isn't she gorgeous?!






Neil and his two beautiful girls...




I had a blast taking these pictures with the Hornors! I was telling Susan I just felt like I was hanging out with the fam rather than photographing them. :)

I would love to hear if you have any favorites, as always!

4 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

OH MY GOSH, Noah looks JUST like TIM!!! These were so special to see - I cried and yes they all are like a second family to all of us!!! The twins and Nadia are amazing!!! LOVED the piano shots :)
Hugs to you on this one.

Mom

Lindsay Murphy said...

Gorgeous!!! You are the bestest photog I know in real life:)

Unknown said...

Pits-Amazing! I absolutely love them all. Noah really does look like Tim...its kind of creepy! But I stand by the fact that he got the blue eyes from me! You are incredibly talented and having you take those pictures means a lot. You did an amazing job! Love you sis!
-Bekah

Unknown said...

I'm the Hornor cousin who lives in Ohio (Rick's twin brother's daughter) and just had to comment about how beautiful these pictures are! It's hard for me being so far away from everybody so you (and Rachel and David, who sent me here) have totally brightened my day. Thank you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...