Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hook Family

You know those people in your life you can go months or even years without really talking but it doesn't matter because you know you'll always be friends? Well, Amy Hook (formerly Amy Vaughn), is one of those friends to me! Amy is one year older than me, but we went to elementary school through college together and played volleyball together that whole time too. I have so many fun memories with Amy -- from playing hockey in her basement to winning state in volleyball -- she is definitely a lifelong friend and has always been a role model to me. Her and her husband, Jonathan, moved to Denver after college and then they lived in Australia for a semester (which was one of the inspirations behind Jordan and I going to London), and they finally moved back to Spokane last year and had a beautiful little girl named Clara, who is just over 6 months old. Seriously, she is such a doll! Check out the Hook family blog by clicking here.

Anyway, Amy asked me to take some family pictures for them and I was so excited!! Although I have to admit I was a little nervous because Jonathan takes fabulous pictures, and it's always a little more intimidating taking pictures of someone who really knows what they're doing! :) We met at my sister's loft to do some indoor shots and then braved the cold as long as we could all last to get some urban family shots -- Clara was such a trooper! I'm pretty sure she held it together in the cold weather a lot better than I did. :) So here are some of my favorites of Clara and the Hook Family...




















By the way, did I mention that Amy makes all of Clara's bows herself?!?! Don't you think she should start a business making them?? I do! :)

Thank you Hook Family for letting me post your pictures. As always, does anybody have any favorites?!


P.S. I am getting caught up on editing a few more photo sessions, so stay tuned for more pics soon!

3 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

So fun! and she is SOOOOOO Cute.
loves
Mom

Amy Hook said...

Again, Whit, we love them! You did such a great job capturing Clara. I'm really glad you got that tongue pick to document her crazy tongue phase:). The 2nd to last was our fav of all of us, with the kissing Clara pic as a close 2nd.

McMurrays said...

Amazing. . loved seeing the pics. . thanks for sharing. . love the hook family and love you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...