Sunday, November 8, 2009

Justin

I got to do my first senior picture session a couple weeks ago with Jordan's cousin, Justin. I have to admit, I was probably the most nervous I've ever been before a photo shoot... mostly because I had heard that boys are much harder than girls when it comes to having their picture taken at that age. Justin proved me wrong! Although we were both a little nervous at first, he totally loosened up by the end and might have even been having fun. Maybe. :) I know I was.

I realized that I just love this age, and although it made me a little sad to not be going into teaching, I think one of my photography specialties down the road will definitely be senior pictures. Justin and his Mom, Julee (Jordan's aunt), were great sports wandering around downtown with me... and even dodging traffic for a few pictures. :)

So here are a few of my favorites of Justin...


This one below is probably my number one favorite! I think it would look great blown up on a canvas. :)



Although this one is a close second...



I was DYING to do some pictures by this fun, painted wall but I was afraid being a "senior boy" Justin wouldn't go for it. So I was practically beside myself when Justin suggested we do some pictures here!! LOVE IT! :)



Before I left the house to meet up with Justin and Julee, Jordan ran out to his car and grabbed his basketball and handed it to me. Uh, thanks babe, what the...?! Apparently Justin is quite the basketball player, and Jordan insisted that I take the basketball for his senior pictures. I've already told you how much of a snob I am when it comes to the style I like for my pictures, so of course I whined and complained, but I took the basketball to humor him.

Well, one thing led to another, and somehow the basketball found its way into a few pictures. I have to admit, the second Justin had the basketball in his hands he instantly looked more relaxed, and I actually love how these ones turned out. Thank you Jordan. :)



By the end of it, Justin was a natural and looked like a GQ model. :) Thank you, Justin and Julee, I had a blast with you guys!

Any favorites??

7 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

:) I love the same one you did B/W with the cement columns and my second fav is the last B/W with the BB - never say never :)
Mom

Unknown said...

Those are great Whitney! My favorite is the black and white with cement columns too.

mmsnyder said...

Once again- they are all great! I love the very last one! My other favs are the 2nd, 3rd, 5th and 8th picture! Great pictures!!

Lindsay Murphy said...

Great job!! Love them all!

Lindsay said...

Love his smile in the last one!

Kate B said...

Great pictures! My favorite is the last one because you captured his smile so well. You'll have to take the next round of 12 year old pictures someday :)

-Kate

Mandy Bossard said...

I liked the one you said was your fave. Agree that it would look great blown up. You are doin' awesome! So proud of you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...