Friday, November 13, 2009

We are expecting... a puppy!

If you haven't heard the big news already, I finally talked Jordan into getting another dog!! We decided on a Cairn Terrier, which is really similar to Maggie but they come in any color except white (I think we are going to get a "wheaten" colored one, which is a mix of brown and black.) Just Google "Cairn Terrier puppies" if you have a minute -- TOTALLY worth it! :) My cousin, Kate, has a Cairn that I fell in love with this summer (remember this post?), and we are getting it from the same breeder that she got her puppy from. It happened much sooner than we anticipated since the breeder had a litter of puppies on October 11 -- so we are picking up our new puppy this Thursday in Seattle! OH BOY!!!

Speaking of boys, we are pretty set on getting a boy, but if I fall in love with a girl puppy, well, then we'll bend the rules. :) Jordan can't come with me because he has class, so my Mom and my Grandma Ha are driving over there and back with me... and my cousin, Kate, and my Aunt Debbie are meeting us over there!

Did I mention we're kind of a "dog family"?!?!? Just kind of...

Jordan and I are both so excited, and we have been "puppy proofing" the house the last few days to get ready for the new dog. It almost feels like we're nesting... some people nest for babies, don't worry, we nest for puppies. :)

Anyway, since I'm going to be posting a lot of pictures of the new puppy soon, I figured I'd post some pictures I took on my phone over the last couple years of our first child. :) She really is such a great dog, and we are hoping and praying the new puppy follows her lead.

Okay, except for maybe sleeping upside down...


She HATES her Christmas sweater... :)

Took this while driving. Probably not the smartest thing I've ever done, but come on, seriously?!

There are very few things cuter than a dog sleeping...

Rolled in the mud at the lake... not so cute!

Taking a break on the shoe rack...


Can you tell who she takes after?! :)

I am a little nervous to have a new puppy and have two dogs in general, so if anyone has any good suggestions, please send them my way!! And just a forewarning to everyone, our household might be a little nuts for the next couple months...

A puppy... 2 dogs... HERE WE COME! :)


4 comments:

T said...

we did the same thing last year. Its crazy chaos but they are so worth it! I dont have any advice as we just had to wing it, but the one thing I tell everyone is to look into pet insurance...especially for puppies. It sounds so stupid and silly but we have had our share of "incidents" and it totally saved our savings acct. Let me know if you want more info on it!

Pat and Patty said...

Can't wait to be "Grandma" again :)
Love the last shot of the two crates - too funny!
Hugs and licks!
Mom

Darcy said...

can't wait to see pics and MEET this new addition. Let us know when we can come over. . now that will be chaos:)
love you!

Lindsay Murphy said...

&$&&*(^&(#*&###...insert squealing noise here!! Reece can't wait to meet his new cousin...we've been talking about it call week! Drive safe!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...