Friday, January 2, 2009

All Our 49.9 Pound Bags Are Packed!

We are one day away from leaving for London! And the impossible has happened... we fit everything into 4 bags and 2 carry-ons. It's a miracle! Well, okay, that's not entirely true. We went over weight on one bag, but we figured it would be better to have a little extra room than have all of our bags be packed to the brim and exploding. :) Just so you can understand my initial packing stress, here is how the packing process started. (Side note: this is my hell!)


By the grace of God, we decided to book a one-way flight to Seattle instead of renting a car, which turned out to be the best decision we ever made since the pass has been closed due to the weather lately. We flew out of Spokane this morning, which was slightly emotional, but we made it. You can't see all our bags here, but needless to say, THEY ARE HUGE!! We were so relieved to have everything packed, and then all of a sudden thought, "How the heck are we going to haul all these bags around London when we get there?!" I guess we'll cross that bridge when we come to it!


Here are a few pics from the last couple weeks. Maggie usually loves the snow but was a little uneasy due to the fact that it was taller than she was!


We got home one afternoon to find the world's biggest icicle hanging from our front porch. Rather than take a normal picture, Jordan of course had to dramatize it. Only my husband. :) Doesn't this make you excited to see our pictures once we get to London?! 


We had an amazing Christmas, and we got to spend time with both of our families. Here is a picture of us at Stone Ridge, the resort Jordan's family has gone to before every Christmas since he was little.


A couple quick updates... 

1) We found Josh a roommate to live in our house while we're gone, which means our entire mortgage and all our bills are covered! Such a blessing!!

2) Jordan lucked out this year; my Mom drew his name for our annual Christmas Eve gift exchange, and she got him (well, both of us really) a trip to St. Andrews in Scotland! Playing golf at St. Andrews is one of Jordan's lifelong dreams, and most golfers' dream at that! St. Andrews has the oldest golf course in the world, and not to mention Tiger Woods' favorite course. :)

Other than that, we are just really excited to take off on Sunday morning! We have been planning and saving for this trip for almost a year, and it's crazy to think it's finally here. Usually before any big trips I've taken I've been anxious and nervous, but not this one. I think knowing that Jordan and I will be experiencing the whole thing together has given us both a sense of peace and excitement. We are still a little stressed about finding a place to live once we get there, but we know it will all work out somehow. I'm not the best at "flying by the seat of my pants" so say a quick prayer that we will find a place within the first couple days! 

Stay tuned... next post will be from LONDON!!!

10 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

Surprise...told you I would be stalking your blog! SO glad you posted today - love the story so far...
Mom
xoxoxo...
Sleep well and DRINK Lots of water tomorrow!!! It helps with Jet lag - oh and it appear Ron is on campus for Jan term.

McMurrays said...

So happy to see an update. I can't believe you packed everything in two huge bags. . way to go! We will miss you terribly but so excited for you! Praying you find a place to live quickly.
love you!

jonesfamily said...

I am so excited for you guys! I must be honest though, I am also completely jealous. I fully plan on living vicariously through you through your blog. I can't wait to see the updates!

Julie

angieflorence said...

YEAH! I love the updates already. So impressed with the packing and so excited the trip has finally arrived. Travel safe and I will be praying that the housing situation is all worked out. God is good and will smooth out your path i'm sure. Glad to hear you are peaceful. Can't wait to see you in a few months over there! Love you!

Micah said...

Be safe!

I'll be checking this blog often!

Pat and Patty said...

Oh, and I meant to tell Jordan that if he decides to change his mind on Law he may have a future in acting...or not ;)

mmsnyder said...

yeah! so glad you posted already... i will be stalking your blog as well :) great job on the packing! the first time i went to Hawaii (well actually both times now that I think of it...) i was over 50 pounds and only gone for 7 days! how did you guys do it???! travel safe- enjoy every second!

love you guys!
Meg

sara said...

BON VOYAGE Whit and Jordan! Have a blast and enjoy the experience!! Can't wait to follow your journey. love you both!

Austin and Diana said...

oh my god your blog is awesome!!!! So excited to keep up on your travels!
Have a blast!!!!

Lindsay Murphy said...

I love that mom has already posted twice before I could even see the post once:) Miss you already! Counting down the days till April. Talk to you when you get settled k. xoxo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...