Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Guhlke-Falk Family

There are a lot of people who amaze me in life. Usually they are people who have kids, or who follow their dreams, or who just work really hard until they get what they want. Sometimes, in rare cases, they are people who do all three...

Carey and I played volleyball together in college. I have been around a lot of athletes in my life, but I can honestly say without any doubt that I have never seen someone work as hard as Carey and improve as much as she did in her four years playing volleyball at Whitworth. She went from never seeing the court as a freshman to receiving all-conference honors as our starting middle hitter her senior year. AMAZING!

Then she had her adorable baby boy, Jackson, who is now over a year-and-a-half old. Remember this post? Jackson was one of my first EVER photo shoots! Needless to say, Carey is such an incredible mom -- she makes it look so easy! On top of all that, she works full-time and recently started a Farmer's Market out of the big barn in the front yard of her home in Davenport. You know, in her spare time. ;) Her Farmer's Market is already up for awards, which is really no surprise! To find out more about the Big Red Barn Farmer's Market that Carey started, click here to become a fan on Facebook. And go check it out!

THEN... Carey met Chris, who has an adorable little girl named Lucy, who is just a few months older than Jackson. These two could not be more perfect for each other. Seriously... it's kind of sickening. :) I was so thrilled when Carey asked me to come out to her farm and take pictures of them. Rustic farm equipment? Awesome humans? Cute kiddos? YES, PLEASE! Here are a few Flat 4 favorites...

















Thanks for an awesome afternoon, Carey, Chris, Jackson, and Lucy. I am already excited for the next shoot, whenever that might be! :)

5 comments:

mmsnyder said...

Amazing pics! I love love love love that last one with the kids on the truck... to die for! It should be a hallmark card! Love you! Hope you've been able to breathe... :)

JeffandKatyRiddell said...

Whit!! You are so good!! BTW...COW! (I don't get to say that very often living in L.A.)

Carey Guhlke-Falk said...

Thanks for sharing your amazing talent Whit! The next photo shoot will be this time next year ;)

Amy Hook said...

Amazing job, yet again! I love them all - but especially the ones of them walking in the field from behind. It looks like Carey found a good man ;).

Anonymous said...

I cant say enough about how cool these pictures are, you have a real gift whitney. thank you again!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...