Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ben + Nina

I had a great opportunity at the beginning of January to be a second shooter for Keri Doolittle Photography for a wedding in Spokane. Being a second shooter is definitely an easier role than being the main photographer, but the trade-off is that you don't get all the shots you'd get if you were the main photographer. I was able to get quite a few detail shots as the girls were getting ready at The Davenport Hotel and then I got to spend some QT with the boys. :) In fact, I was put in charge of all the groom and groomsman shots while Keri photographed the bride and bridesmaids. So I have a lot of groomsmen shots, but not very many of the bride!

Ironically, I ended up knowing the bride, Nina. Just when you think Spokane is getting bigger, you get a friendly reminder that it's a small world. :) Nina and I took driver's ed together and then she worked for my Chiropractor a few years later. Nina and Ben are such a fun, laid-back couple and they were so easy to photograph. This isn't the first wedding I've photographed and it has yet to fail that I tear up during the ceremony. Not sure if you're supposed to do that as the photographer...?

Anyway, here are a few Flat 4 favorites from Ben and Nina's wedding day! Remember you can click on any of the photos to see them larger if you want.













First look for the bride and groom on the terrace of The Davenport Hotel overlooking Spokane...


The ceremony was actually at a beautiful little church in Deer Park.




Congratulations, Ben and Nina! Your wedding day was beautiful and I feel so fortunate to have been a part of it!!

Anybody have any favorites?! :)

3 comments:

mmsnyder said...

You know Ben grew up right down the street from us? And him and Sara (Sara and he??) went to 9th grade prom together... yes... small, small world! ALL the pics were great- but my faves are: the first shoe pic on the black/white rug and the picture of the the table- really liked that one for some reason! :) You are awesome, Whit!

Darcy said...

love the one with cell phone and shoes. . so fun and cool! so proud of you!

Anonymous said...

Yeah, I am a little slow posting this...GREAT JOB!! You were wonderful, Whitney!! Best of luck to you!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...