Thursday, January 14, 2010

Blog love! And life...

The last couple weeks have been a little nuts, but in a good way... for the most part.

Jordan started school this week, the beginning of the END! He has one semester left, thank God. I know the end is officially in sight, but for some reason it still feels so far away. His schedule this semester does not help one bit -- he has three 7am classes a week and three night classes that end at 8pm. Seriously, not right!

I, on the other hand, have been way in over my head with photog stuff! :) I started a photography class that I think will really help me improve in a lot of areas. Did I mention this happened to fall on Monday nights, the one night a week Jordan doesn't have class? Of course. I was also able to be the second shooter for a wedding last week, which was SUCH a great experience. Don't get me wrong, I did have a couple freak-out moments, but I survived and learned so much! I shot with Keri Doolittle, who is an amazing photographer and a HUGE inspiration and mentor of mine... not sure that she even knows that, but she is! She has been so incredibly helpful and willing to answer so many questions I've had in the last few months. I am surprised she hasn't blocked my email address from her inbox after all the emails I've sent her. :) Anyway, she posted some pics from the wedding on her blog and put some of mine up too -- so exciting to see some of my pics on another photographer's website! I included my pics from her site below, but click here to see the full post.


Another blog I follow, Wheat Blossom Weddings, just featured my 'engagement' photos and our Photo Booth on their site! Lindsay, of Wheat Blossom Weddings, has been a friend since middle school and we have had fun reconnecting now that our future career paths have crossed. :) Anyway, click here to check out Wheat Blossom Weddings and the blog love they gave me and Flat 4 Photography.

All of the above are the good, crazy parts of the last two weeks.

Not that the rest has been bad, but just a lot of feeling like I'm taking one step forward and two steps back... with everything. And I am left feeling overwhelmed with life and simply unable to keep up. There are so many things I want to focus on and devote time to lately that I haven't been able to do any of them well, or in some cases at all. Working out, the dogs, every facet of my photography business, the house, MY MARRIAGE...

I know, I know... that's life. But sometimes it just swallows me and I hate that.

With that said, Jordan and I have decided to go to my lake cabin for the weekend, just us and the pups. We never go to the lake this time of year, but we decided we really needed a weekend together out of Spokane -- it feels like it's been FOREVER. It's a catch-22 because we have so much we could get done at home this weekend, but I hope going up to the lake will give us a chance to relax and recharge a little bit and simply spend some time together with no distractions. At least that's the goal...

I can't take credit for this picture -- I think my Mom took it last winter at the lake. Granted there is not as much snow this year, but this is the view I will be looking at all weekend. So if I don't answer my cell phone or my emails, you'll know why... :)

3 comments:

mmsnyder said...

I saw your pics on Keri's blog! LOVED THEM! Love you and so proud of you! Glad you and Jordan are getting away for the weekend... you guys deserve it! Enjoy that little slice of heaven this weekend... love you!

Nicole said...

Have SOOOO much fun at the lake! If you're lucky, there will be cake when you get back!

McMurrays said...

I hope you have time to just reconnect, refresh and REST at the lake! Miss you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...