Thursday, August 18, 2011

Chris + Carey | Engagement

Sometimes I get stuck in ruts when it comes to photography. Don't get me wrong, every shoot is inevitably unique and different (one of the many beauties of photography), but sometimes it's hard to come up with new ideas. So when Carey suggested having her and Chris's engagement photos at the Farmer's Market downtown and ending at Auntie's Bookstore, it was a total breath of fresh air. Not only one, but TWO firsts for me!

For the whole scoop on my background with Carey and Chris and how awesome I think they are (and their fun family photo session from last year), click here.

I am totally loving the trend this year with couples wanting their photos to really reflect who they are and what they love. Carey started The Big Red Barn Farmer's Market in Davenport, which is where her and Chris live, so when we were perusing through the market in Spokane during their photo shoot, I felt like I had my own personal tour guides. They not only knew the owner of the market, they also knew the lingo, the products, and which vendors would be okay with us using their booths and trucks for photos -- a definite plus! And since Carey was an English literature major in college, Auntie's was a perfect second location.

Check out some Flat 4 favorites from this fun, out-of-the-box engagement shoot with the beautiful Carey and Chris!


Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket


And stay tuned for pictures of Carey and Chris's wedding day, which is less than a month away!

2 comments:

Carey Guhlke-Falk said...

Whit! Thank you, yet again, for being such a talented person. And for being willing to put your artistic reputation on the line for our silly ideas. You totally made it work! I can't wait to see how you capture our wedding day! Less than a month...

Pat and Patty said...

"You're killing me smalls" I LOVE THESE!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...