Wednesday, October 13, 2010

A Busy Year...

Every once in a while, I like to look back through our blog at random old posts. I usually end up looking at posts from our travels in Europe, but today I decided to look at what we were doing at this time last year.

HOLY LORD. We've been busy this year...

Just to give you an idea, at this time last year, I had just announced our business name and logo, Flat 4 Photography, on the blog. From then until now we have:

- photographed numerous families and random humans
- got Max, our crazy, incredibly feisty puppy
- bought our Photo Booth
- Jordan graduated from law school and took the Bar (he finds out his results next week!)
- bought our 10-acre property in Chattaroy
- photographed 10 weddings from spring to fall
- done over 20 Photo Booth events
- been featured multiple times on local bride blogs for photography and our Photo Booth
- gotten over 600 fans on our Facebook fan page

I realize most of what I just mentioned was about our business, but quite honestly, our life has pretty much revolved around that for quite some time. And obviously there were many things I didn't mention to fill in the gaps throughout the last year... but I have to say, I am pretty proud of our little business that isn't quite so little any more. :)

Jordan and I were talking about it the other day and I asked him, "Did you ever think when we started this business, it would be where it is now... just a year later?!" When we really think about that, I'm pretty sure we had no idea what we were in for. At this time last year, I truly thought this would be a nice little side business that would earn me a few extra bucks so I wouldn't feel so guilty about buying lattés from Starbucks. And don't get me wrong, it's not like we're totally breaking the bank or anything, but let's just say we never would have been able to buy our property without Flat 4 Photography!

God is so good.

Here are a few random pics I dug around on Facebook and found since I was tired of doing posts without any pictures of us. The first one is of me shooting a wedding in Chewelah and the second one is one of my favorite Photo Booth pictures of Jordan and I at our Grand Opening Party in the spring.


Thank you to everyone who has supported us -- and put up with us -- in the last year! Even though I can say this has hands-down been the busiest year of our lives, we have been blessed beyond belief.

Hopefully next year I'll be writing another post like this one... :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...