Monday, May 3, 2010

Dawn + Dave 3.6.10

Almost 2 months ago, Dawn and Dave became husband and wife! Dawn is one of my cousin, Megan's, best friends from forever... literally! This wedding party could not have been more fun to be around, as always. The majority of the bridesmaids have been friends since grade school, and I am so fortunate to be able to call them all my friends too -- I love this group of ladies!

Dawn and Dave were a beautiful bride and groom... yes, Dave, you were beautiful too! :) They got married in Seattle at The Lake Union Cafe, which was such a unique, intimate venue. We were planning on yucky, rainy weather since it was MARCH in SEATTLE, right?! Uh, no! It was almost 70 degrees and not a cloud in the sky! Dawn and Dave had an incredible day and an overall amazing wedding. I feel so lucky to have been a part of their special day! And being the main photographer, I learned a TON. :)

I had two awesome second shooters who I literally would not have survived without -- Anna Dietzen (click here to check out her blog) and Jamie Lindelof of Lindelof Photography. Thanks, ladies!

Dawn and Dave did not want to see each other before the ceremony, which was slightly challenging as a photographer but very special for them! Needless to say between me, Anna, and Jamie, there were literally hundreds and hundreds of pictures to go through, but here are a few Flat 4 faves from Dawn and Dave's wedding day! NOTE: You can click on any of the pictures and/or collages to see them larger.



















I was pretty nervous about not having enough time and/or light for creative shots since Dawn and Dave didn't want to see each other before the ceremony, so I researched a little and came up with the idea to try "light painting" with sparklers outside! I love, love, LOVE how fun these pictures turned out -- and Dawn and Dave were awesome sports!!


Did I mention that Dawn is a die-hard WSU Cougar fan and that Dave is a UW Husky?! Pretty classic... Dawn had a WSU garter, and when Dave took it off, well... check out picture number 3 below on the far right. :)


Congrats Dawn and Dave! I know you two will have an amazing life together and I wish you nothing but the best!!

7 comments:

mmsnyder said...

Love all of the pics!!!!! You are amazing!

Amy Hook said...

Absolutely beautiful. Makes me want to get married all over so you could take the pictures. Just a little too late for that, sadly ;). You're amazing!

Pat and Patty said...

OUTSTANDING!

Emilie said...

These are all amazing!!

McMurrays said...

you rocked it! you are getting more creative every minute!

K.Fuller said...

Who wear sunglasses at night AND inside...... I guess I do.

Lindsay Murphy said...

Love these Whit! Great job!!! Dawn was gorgeous!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...