Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Fun and Not So Fun Purchases...

Jordan surprised me on Saturday with something that most people probably wouldn't be excited about, but that I was peeing-my-pants-excited about...

We pulled into the parking lot of Best Buy, and he looked at me and said, "Well, let's go start your photography business!" I got to pick out a new zoom lens for my camera and a new flash!!! SO excited!! Jordan has been my biggest supporter since I decided to go down this new path with photography, and I feel so lucky to have a husband who is probably more excited for me than I am for myself. :)

I was under the impression that zoom lenses started around $1000, but I actually found a great one for WAY cheaper. Believe me, there are lenses that are worth more than most things I own. Combined.

And thankfully, Best Buy has an "18 Month, No Interest" program going on right now. :)

Now I just need to figure out how to use these bad boys...


We also made a not-so-fun big purchase over the weekend, although it was a tad bit more practical. When we bought the Xterra we knew we'd need to get new tires for it as well, but we were trying to put it off as long as possible. Well, we finally broke down and bought some. Not literally broke down, thank God. :)

No one prepares you for these "hidden costs" that go along with adulthood. Seriously??! TIRES??!!?!!!? Ugh. There are 84,759 things we probably would have rather spent that amount of money on, but oh well.


I have been so overwhelmed (in a good way) with all of the responses, comments, emails, etc. that I have received from everyone after my last post. THANK YOU. It was so encouraging and confirming for me!

I have been up until midnight or later every single night the last week checking out photography websites, researching techniques, emailing people about getting a website, etc., etc. Please keep sending any great photography websites my way, as well as any contacts you might have who do Flash websites!

In the meantime, here are some fun pictures from a mini family session I did for my cousin, Megan, her husband, Chris, and their adorable dog, Charlie. We did the pics up at our lake cabin this summer, and I love how fun and candid they turned out...






Thanks for letting me post these, Meg!

Stay tuned for some more exciting news, as well as my business name and logo... :)

3 comments:

Pat and Patty said...

ahhhh Baby pictures :)
Ha
love
Ma

T said...

SOOOOO CUTE!!!!

mmsnyder said...

Have you emailed Keri yet?! I bet she would know about the flash websites or whatever?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...