Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Fresh Start

I've been going back and forth about the blog ever since we got home... Should I keep it going? Should I not? Will people think we are totally self-involved for posting about our lives, even though nothing specifically "exciting" is going on? No more living abroad, no babies in the near future, nothing "exciting" or out of the ordinary...

Just day-to-day life.

After much deliberation, we decided (and yes, I can say "we" because I asked Jordan's opinion) to keep the blog around, at least for a little while to see how it goes. Quite honestly, I've kind of missed it the last month. Well, okay, I've kind of missed the care-free life of having the blog be my only real time commitment. :) Which explains why coming back to reality has been a harder transition than I thought it would be!

It's crazy that we've only been back for a month, yet London and our life there already seems so distant. I find myself looking at all our pictures lately to remind myself that those 5 months really did happen. They seem almost surreal.

Okay, shifting gears...

My plan for the blog is to post fairly often about any fun projects we're doing (i.e. the Extreme Makeover we're currently doing on our backyard), fun trips or vacations we take, the everyday funny happenings of life, and anything else I think is post-worthy. :) I also really want to make photography a legit hobby, and I think having the blog will keep me accountable for taking pictures more consistently.

So with that said, here's to a fresh start in our life back in Spokane and in the blogging world!

8 comments:

mmsnyder said...

YES!! :) Totally know the feeling about keeping a blog going when there are no kids involved/living in London/etc. (at least you had London as an excuse. I had a puppy). BUT it's kind of fun, huh? You know I will be reading it! Check out this blog-
http://www.lisaleonardonline.com/blog/
A blog I read posted about this blog- it has very cool pictures, and kind of a fun idea for posts using pictures. And because you're a totally awesome photographer, thought you might like it!

McMurrays said...

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have missed the blog. . I kept checking it! Love you and see you soon.

Mandy Bossard :0) said...

Hooray! So glad you decided to keep it going. I have been checking too to see if you had posted since your homecoming. Miss you, love you!

Pat and Patty said...

Thrilled! and you mean Art not hobby since your work is just that - love the lay out on the pg - matches my new bedroom - but I digress - You will find that some of the day to day moments are the best to capture and remember.
Loves
Mom

Amy Hook said...

I'm so glad you decided to keep up the blog! It's a great way to stay connected w/ people near and far. Plus, if they ever invent a way to turn blogs into books, you could turn your London ones into a photo book w/ words (I would love to do that w/ our Australia pics too). I was never a great journal keeper, but blogging is kind of like that - documenting the highs and lows of life:). Lets get coffee sometime soon. I'd love to catch up!

Kate B said...

Cool! It'll be fun to stay connected with you virtually! Your pictures are amazing--you should have an art show.

-Kate

Lindsay Murphy said...

Yay for continuing the blog! I want to see pics of the backyard asap!

Anonymous said...

glad to hear it whitney--i really enjoyed your blog while you were in europe and can't wait to see the photos you continue to take!!--meghan

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...